The Calmbirth® childbirth education program is both highly acclaimed and evidence based. Kath Maxwell, a Registered Midwife for over 20yrs, has been teaching Calmbirth® in Geelong since 2006 and at The Birth House since its inception.
The course offers 12hrs of tuition and practical learning experiences.
4 x 3hr weekly sessions Monday or Wednesday evenings 6-9pm
or a 2-day weekend workshop 9-5pm both days
Calmbirth® course overview
♥ The Mind-Body connection – learn how your beliefs effect your body during birth , particularly the role of fear & tension Vs trust & relaxation.
- The stages, hormones as your helpers.
♥ The role of the birth partner or support in your preparation and during your birth so they feel truly involved and part of this amazing experience .
- How to support you through each contraction
- How to set up and keep the birth space so you can get on with the job of birthing
- How to advocate as required.
- Plus a toolbox of practical skills for supporting you physically and emotionally.
♥ Build your own birth skillset. This includes:
- Breathing techniques and guided relaxations as pathways into the ‘relaxation response’; which is a calmness of mind and body that makes birthing more manageable and efficient.
- Acupressure points to prepare the body for birth and assist the process on the day.
- Activities to encourage your unborn baby into an optimal position for birth.
- Labour and birth positions that assist the baby to move through the pelvis and create space.
- How to work through contractions by utilising the mind, body and breath.
♥ Birth planning for any outcome
♥ Comfort measures – Natural and medication options
♥ Connections – building families, strengthening bonds through connection