Empowering couples to discover the joy of birth
Imagine a calm & joyful beginning to your baby’s life. The Calmbirth® philosophy is based on the belief that for most women, pregnancy, labor and birth is a normal and healthy life event. When a birthing couple embraces this they approach the birth of their baby with anticipation and joy.
Calmbirth® childbirth education teaches participants to identify the inner abilities (resources) we naturally possess to birth our babies calmly and more comfortably. Resources include: ‘The Relaxation Response”, a calmness of mind and body that we can all access with practice.
Calmbirth® workshops at The Birth House are facilitated by Kath Maxwell, a registered Calmbirth® practitioner who has been teaching Calmbirth® in Geelong since 2006. Kath is also a Registered Midwife with 18 years of midwifery experience.
Calmbirth small group workshop dates have been confirmed for 2021 – bookings now open!
Monday evening series 6-9pm for 4 weeks
- Mar 15, 22, 29, April 5
- April 26, May 3, 10, 17
- June 7, 14, 21, 28
Wednesday evening series 6-9pm for 4 weeks
- Feb 3, 10, 17, 24 – Fully booked
- Mar 17, 24, 31, April 7
- April 28, May 5, 12, 19
- June 9, 16, 23, 30
Weekend Workshops 9-5pm
- Feb 6 & 7 – Fully booked
- Feb 27 & 28 – Fully booked
- Mar 20 & 21 – Fully booked
- April 10 & 11
- May 1 & 2
- May 22 & 23
- June 12 & 13
Release fears & embrace your body’s ability to birth
Small class size enables you to explore ideas, ask questions and practice techniques in a comfortable and supportive environment.
- First time parents
- Couples who want a more positive experience for a subsequent birth
- Couples preparing for a natural birth after a previous caesarean section
- Relaxation skills for pregnancy, birth and beyond
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding your birthing body – uterus, pelvis, optimal fetal positioning
- Labor and birth positions
- Birthing partner’s role
- The environment and hormonal release
- Birth beliefs – Mind / Body connection
- Approaching birth calmly and confidently
- Unexpected circumstances – staying calm
- Bonding with baby at birth
- Skin to skin and baby led attachment to breast
For more information or to make a booking:
Calmbirth® workshops are held at The Birth House on weekends and on Monday evenings.
Contact Kath Maxwell on 0402 203 267 or email@example.com for more information or to book a session.
Private Health Fund Rebates
Private Health Fund rebates are available through the funds listed on Kath’s Innerbirth website: www.innerbirth.com.au/cost_bookings.html
Classes fill quickly so book early please. Private Calmbirth® Classes are available upon request.