Becoming Us ~ workshop presented by Growing Parents
Our popular ‘Transition to Parenthood’ workshop for couples/co-parents will provide you with a supportive space to explore your expectations of parenthood and prepare – really prepare – for the journey ahead.
We look to the fourth trimester (the first 3 months after baby is born) and beyond, providing you with lifelong tools and an invaluable roadmap for the early parenthood journey.
Join your facilitators Prue and Caro, as together, we weave your web of support, bust some myths and learn the “Why’s” and “Hows” of becoming a family.
What you can expect:
- Meet other like-minded parents-to-be in a safe, supportive, non-judgmental space.
- A wealth of practical tools & techniques to better tackle new parenthood and avoid the pitfalls.
- A realistic look at expectations of life with baby
- Tangible ways to grow and deepen your relationship during this ripe time.
- Relevant and honest insights into life beyond birth, including the mental and emotional shifts that are likely to occur for both parents during the perinatal period – and where to seek support.
- Easy to learn skills and strategies for connection and conflict resolution
- Feel more confident and less stressed about embarking on the parenthood journey.
We cover topics such as:
- Common concerns for parents
- Prenatal preparation (“Nest building”)
- Expectations, stress and coping
- Negotiating boundaries
- Perinatal mental health
- Communication and conflict
- Navigating sexual intimacy in the perinatal period
- Identifying our own needs and understanding where they come from.
This program is fully inclusive and suitable for anyone who identifies as being in a couple or co-parent relationship.
When: Sat 17th & Sun 18th Nov, 10am-4pm
+ 2 additional follow-up sessions TBA
Cost: $500 per couple OR
$450 early bird – book before Oct 30th
* Easy Payment Plans available *
We would love to answer any enquiry you have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Head to our website for further information and booking: www.growingparents.com.au