Empowering couples to discover the joy of birth
Imagine a calm & joyful beginning to your baby’s life. The Calmbirth® philosophy is based on the belief that for most women, pregnancy, labor and birth is a normal and healthy life event. When a birthing couple embraces this they approach the birth of their baby with anticipation and joy.
Calmbirth® childbirth education teaches participants to identify the inner abilities (resources) we naturally possess to birth our babies calmly and more comfortably. Resources include: ‘The Relaxation Response”, a calmness of mind and body that we can all access with practice.
Calmbirth® workshops at The Birth House are facilitated by Kath Maxwell, a registered Calmbirth® practitioner who has been teaching Calmbirth® in Geelong since 2006. Kath is also a Registered Midwife with 18 years of midwifery experience.
Upcoming dates in 2018 – bookings now open:
- Weekend Workshop – 6th & 7th of January
- Monday Evening Series: Commencing Monday 8th of January (for 5 weeks)
- Weekend Workshop – 20th & 21st January
- Weekend Workshop – 3rd & 4th of February
- Monday Evening Series: Commencing Monday 12th of February
- Weekend Workshop – 17th & 18th of February
- Weekend Workshop – 17th & 18th of March
- Monday Evening Series: Commencing Monday 19th of March
Release fears & embrace your body’s ability to birth
Small class size enables you to explore ideas, ask questions and practice techniques in a comfortable and supportive environment.
- First time parents
- Couples who want a more positive experience for a subsequent birth
- Couples preparing for a natural birth after a previous caesarean section
- Relaxation skills for pregnancy, birth and beyond
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding your birthing body – uterus, pelvis, optimal fetal positioning
- Labor and birth positions
- Birthing partner’s role
- The environment and hormonal release
- Birth beliefs – Mind / Body connection
- Approaching birth calmly and confidently
- Unexpected circumstances – staying calm
- Bonding with baby at birth
- Skin to skin and baby led attachment to breast
Calmbirth® workshops are held at The Birth House on weekends and on Monday evenings.
Weekend Workshops @ The Birth House
9.30am – 5.00pm (runs over 2 days)
Monday Evenings @ The Birth House
6.30pm – 9.00pm (x5 Sessions)
For more information or to make a booking:
Contact Kath Maxwell on 0402 203 267 or email@example.com for more information or to book a session.
Private Health Fund Rebates
Private Health Fund rebates are available through the funds listed on Kath’s Innerbirth website: www.innerbirth.com.au/cost_bookings.html
Classes fill quickly so book early please. Private Calmbirth® Classes are available upon request.