Womb 2 Move – Postnatal yoga for mums and bubs
Our classes focus on gentle recovery yoga for Mums body- regaining strength in the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles, release for the shoulders and upper body, relaxation with baby and having a bit of a laugh as we work around the babies! They run for 45mins.
They are suitable from 6 weeks after birth (or 8 weeks for those who have had a complicated birth). Once your baby is old enough to be crawling with ease they are no longer suitable.
Each class comprises of:
- Getting to know other new Mums
- Pranayama (breathing/Centring practice which can also be done while cuddling or feeding your baby)
- A series of Yoga Asanas (movements or poses)
- Pelvic floor toning and awareness
- Once the babies decide they will no longer wait while Mum does yoga.. we have baby massage, singing silly songs and bonding with them.
- Shivasana…. sometimes happens but usually we may cuddle babies and have a few minutes of mindfulness in some way.
Post Natal Yoga is offered by full 8 week course only the cost is $160.
Next Course commencement dates:
Wednesdays 6pm from the 6th of February – $160
If you are interested in attending postnatal mother and babe yoga in the future, please contact Erin on 0421 118 148 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place.
Classes are run by Erin Mieszkowski, Registered Midwife, Childbirth Educator and certified Birthlight yoga teacher. To contact Erin, please phone 0421 118 148.
Erin also facilitates Yoga for pregnancy and birth classes at The Birth House.