8 week Prenatal yoga courses
Kate is running her “Yoga for pregnancy and birth” and “Yoga for mums and bubs” classes and courses online until further notice. Please visit www.matriyoga.com.au or contact her on 0403929818 or at email@example.com for more info.
By coming along each week you will build up a repertoire of yoga and mindfulness practices that not only support, inspire and empower you through pregnancy and towards birth but on into motherhood!
- Yoga Asana: learn a blend of movement and held postures that balance openness with strength and stamina, and help you feel comfortable in your changing body.
- Pranayama: harness your energy through breath and awareness. Make breath your best friend so you really can just breathe your baby out!
- Visualisation and Chanting: learn powerful yoga-based tools to help you stay focused and work with intensity in labour.
- Restorative postures: discover the healing power of deep rest.
- Guided Relaxation and Meditation: open to fully experiencing this moment, just as it is.
If your baby arrives early (before the course finishes) you are welcome to put the credit from your remaining classes towards coming back to Mums and Bubs yoga when you are ready! Alternatively if you are close to having your baby and just want to book a few sessions please get in touch to organise.
For more information please visit: www.matriyoga.com.au
About the teacher:
Kate McAnergney is a Registered Senior Teacher with Yoga Australia and has been teaching hatha yoga for 15 years. Kate and her family moved to Geelong in 2016 and soon after she gave birth her third child at home with Pia and Melissa from The Birth House in attendance! Prior to this Kate taught regular prenatal classes and courses in Melbourne at Kundalini House, Prana House and My Midwives Melbourne North. Over the past 5 years Kate has been sharing her expertise and wisdom with other yoga teachers through offer the Women’s module on the Prana House Yoga Teacher Training course.
Kate has 3 children (12, 8 and 2) and taught and practiced yoga throughout each of her pregnancies. She found that the most beneficial part of having a yoga practice was the ability to completely surrender, let go and GIVE birth. The mindful and complete habitation of each and every moment that yoga encourages, fosters within us a deep trust in the body’s ability to carry and birth our babies. Kate is passionate about helping women access this innate wisdom, enabling them to be fully present to the transformative experience of becoming a mother, however it may unfold.