Breastfeeding support at The Birth House
Our Lactation Consultants are all International Board Certified Lactation Consultants who work with you and your baby individually to help support you to enjoy your breastfeeding experience.
You might want to see a Lactation Consultant
BEFORE your baby is born if:
- You had a difficult time breastfeeding a baby in the past.
- You expect more than one baby or a baby who may be sick or premature.
- You have had breast surgery and wonder if it will affect your breastfeeding.
- You worry that something about your health or breasts/nipples might make it hard to breastfeed.
AFTER your baby is born if:
- You and/or your baby are having a hard time with breastfeeding.
- Your breasts or nipples hurt.
- Your baby is not gaining weight very well.
- You are worried about how your baby acts during or after feeding.
- You are worried that you might have too much or too little milk.
How can an LC help you?
- Suggest choices to help you find comfort when breastfeeding.
- Work with you and your babies individual needs together.
- Suggest supplies, tools or references you can use to help.
- Provide on going face to face contact or phone and email support.
The Lactation Consultants are available alternate Monday’s (Kim) and Wednesday’s (Margie) and every Friday (Susanne). Call for an appointment or enquiry.
$150 for one and a half hour private consult, by appointment at the birth house.
Follow-up appointments $50/half hour.
Genuine Concession needs- $120- full consult. $40 half hour review
Home consultations may have additional travel costs.
- The Australian Breastfeeding Association – www.breastfeeding.asn.au
- KellyMom Breastfeeding and Parenting – www.kellymom.com
- Nancy Morhbacher on Youtube – www.youtube.com/user/NancyMohrbacher