The Birth House was established in 2013, to meet the needs of the birthing women and their families in our community, creating a space for private midwifery care, education and workshops, antenatal and postnatal support groups, and shared resources.
- private midwifery services,
- professional development workshops,
- childbirth & early parenting education,
- lactation consultants,
- holistic allied health care services,
- antenatal & postnatal support groups,
- resource library and birth pool hire,
- purpose built birthing space – The Birth Retreat
The Birth House partners with Midwives Geelong, a team of five private midwives, who work with women and their families in providing pregnancy, birth and postnatal care. Four of the Midwives Geelong midwives are currently able to provide medicare rebates for antenatal and postnatal care.